Thursday, November 22, 2012

Shop Review: Ayuda Me


For a long time I have steered away from purchasing on Esty because of steep prices, scary shipping costs, and generally I never have been crazy about the site. HOWEVER when Gaia Online (a website I have been a member on since 2007) had a Lolita forum (which has disappeared from the "Hot Topics" section and I can't find it now) I noticed just how many people had an Esty or a Storenvy and sold things at reasonable prices.

I like Storenvy's format better than Esty and so I ordered from a collection of shops there. Each seller ships their items independently (although there is an option to make all of your orders arrive at once) so I thought doing independent posts for these would be a great way to keep a constant flow of posts going.

You can check out my Storenvy, click "STORES" for a list of shops that sell Fairy Kei / Mahou Kei / Lolita / Etc accessories, wigs, and other goods. I currently do not have a shop, but that may change in the future ~

The first shop is owned by Misi and is called Ayuda Me. She mostly sells bows and has a couple other item. Although she does not focus on Fairy Kei items she does have one collection of pastel bows that fit very nicely into the theme of all things sugary sweet. Priced at $2 USD a piece it is reasonable.



I bought the bows in pink, green, and purple. The bows have a lovely star print with bubbles and sparkles. I think these bows are absolutely dreamy and perfect for any Fairy, Magical Girl, or Lolita. Eeyore was kind enough to model for me since I looked like a mess today. (Today is Thanksgiving, a holiday in the States where people spend all day cooking a feast and then sit down at the end of the night to eat and be thankful for all that they have been given in their life.IN SUMMARY: it's a day where women slave over a hot stove all day.)

They have an alligator clip attached to the back of them. There isn't room for an extra pin to be added so it will be difficult to wear these stars as brooches. That being said I think they are the perfect pastel colors (the purple close up is a little darker due to shadow) and it doesn't seem like I will have any problem with fabric bleeding (when I tested it). This is very important because it rains so much in Oregon. TT n TT I love the rain but rain is not very nice to most of my clothes and accessories.

-------


Communication: 10 STARS / 10 STARS ~ She sent me an email thanking me for my purchase and informed me that she would be shipping them out the following day. The following day I received another email with tracking information. Sweet & Simple.
Shipping: 10 STARS / 10 STARS ~  Provides tracking number. She only ships to the United States and Canada - which works for me but may not for international readers.
Arrival Time: 10 STARS / 10 STARS ~ Arrived within a few days of my purchase. The price for shipping was reasonable.
Product Safety: 9 STARS / 10 STARS ~ All items arrived safely, however !! IT RAINED. So the ink on the outside of the envelope bleed onto the thank you note she included. Luckily it didn't ruin any of the bows but it is a scary thought! Minus one star for no protective packaging.
Product Quality: 10 STARS / 10 STARS ~
The bows and clips are firmly attached to one another and all of the bows are shaped lovely.

Grand Average Total: 9.8 STARS / 10 STARS

Overall experience: The seller communicated well without the emails being overbearing or annoying. She was quick to ship the items out and they arrived within a few days of purchase. The bows are a nice quality and decently priced. I would recommend this seller to a friend but with caution - the bows are not protected from  rain in the packaging!

**I was not sponsored (meaning payment in goods, services, or legal tender) by this designer/seller to promote his/her products.