Friday, December 7, 2012

Shop Review: Cosmic Bows

I know in the past I have struggled to find cute bows that are still thrifty. I have hunted in many bins at garage sales and rummaged through many tables in thrift shops to find perfect pastel bows to satisfy my Fairy Kei needs. Luckily a few of these bows could be worn with sweet lolita as well or with minor addings of lace these bows are suitable. I spent many days trying to scrub stains off of bows and upcycling them into cute creations.

THEN I FOUND COSMIC BOWS.

My life has changed.

Seriously - my life has changed.

Well okay, maybe I will still go hunting for bargain bows, fighting six year olds for Barbie print bows and cry when they win the fight BUT STILL - this shop has super cute bows for super cheap prices.

You look around Etsy and Storenvy and there are lots of bows that are $3.00 ~ $5.00 a piece, but the trick is Cosmic Bows are full size bows whereas many other stores sell mini bows for this price. You may not notice in the picture but when you get them in the mail you feel cheated when you see a ton of tiny bows. Believe me, I know the feeling. It has happened many times to me. BUT LUCKILY ~ this means that you do not need to make the same mistake!

Cosmic Bows offer nice high quality bows with cute fabric often coming straight from Japan! $3.50 ~ $3.75 is the average price for the bows in this shop but often you can get these bows for a much lower price because SHE SELLS PRE-ORDERS. You pay only $3.00 USD for preorder bows. Plus a lot of her bows go on sale for $2.50 USD which is an amazing price.

A neat little trick about her bows - THEY ARE REVERSIBLE. The alligator clips are not glued to the bow so you can slide it out and show the reverse side of the bow. The alligator clip snugly fits on either side and doesn't slide out while you are wearing the bow. I can't tell you how much I love this aspect. It seems rather silly but let me break down why. In OTT Sweet Lolita or in a very Decora Fairy Kei look sometimes I wear several hair accessories. While one side of a patterned bow may be my default favorite, where the pattern appears might be covered up by another accessory. But if I flip the bow over Hello Kitty's face might appear in a different spot on the bow and therefore I can wear both items without the pattern of the Cosmic Bow being covered up.

I preordered two designs in two different colors. One is Bubble Fun featuring this adorable Little Twin Stars theme and the second is Jewel Fairies featuring the Jewel Pets. I adored both colorways so I ordered the blue and pink in Bubble Fun and the pink and purple in Jewel Fairies. All four were $3.00 USD each and are not pictured here because they are PRE ORDERS ~ The fabric won't arrive until after the new year and then she has to make the bows so it will be a little while before they appear. I will dedicate an entire post to them once they come in.

 This is an overview of what I received. I got three bows for free (the smaller little twin stars bow and then two polka dot with animals) however I had already given one of the free bows to my sister since she loved the design so much. It was light blue with these boldly colored animals on them. She has already worn the bow too. TT u TT So happy that she loves it ~

Close up of the beautifully handwritten letter I received from Cosmic Bows. She has such pretty cursive writing and actually wrote quite a bit! She informed me about the preorder as well:

"Hi Lizzy,
Thank you so much for your order! Because you've pre-ordered a few bows we've included some free bows with your order. We hope you'll enjoy them in the meantime while we wait the arrival of our fabric order. :)
Come again soon!
Love,
Cosmic Bows"
 Each stack of bows was clipped to these adorable princess bags and filled with stationary! Plus one of them had STICKER FLAKES in it. I love sticker flakes, I send them out to my pen pals. Plus the stationary I use up very quickly. It was all very pastel and cute. Lots of Little Twin Stars too!









Those are all of the bows I ordered! Although my favorite is the Jewel Pets one just above this text. I have already worn it out in public and I got soooo many compliments.




I put some bows on Share Bear, Bedtime Bear and Cozy Heart Penguin. They look so cute in their bows. The Jewel Pets bow matched Share Bear perfectly. She looks so fab! I think Bedtime Bear would prefer his bow to be a bowtie next time. . .

-------

Communication: STARS 10 / 10 STARS ~
Communication was steady, sending a conformation of order, sending a tracking number. Great communication, full stars!
Shipping: STARS 10 / 10 STARS ~
Shipping cost was $6.10, which is close to the rate of the flat pack box but allows to cover the cost of princess bags and some of the extras in my head. So full stars.
Arrival Time: STARS 10 / 10 STARS ~
I ordered on the 29th, shipped the 30th, arrived a couple days later.
Product Safety: STARS 10 / 10 STARS ~
NONE of the items arrived damaged or broken.
Product Quality: STARS 10 / 10 STARS ~
None of the glue was visible. The alligator clips are secure and sturdy. The fabric is high quality and there was no problems with bleeding.

Grand Average Total: STARS 10 / 10 STARS ~

Overall experience: I RECOMMEND COSMIC BOWS WHEREVER I GO! It hasn't been that long since I got them but I am already trying to let the community know about Cosmic Bows. They are so cute and well made plus the prices are great and the bows are so big! Cosmic Bows is a shop where trendy meets thrifty in the best way possible. Thank you Cosmic Bows for everything you do! You will see more orders from me once again!

**I was not sponsored (meaning payment in goods, services, or legal tender) by this designer/seller to promote his/her products.