Friday, September 14, 2012

Fairy Finds #1: EBAY ~

I love to go to thrift stores, consignment shops, flea markets, and garage sales. Yet sometimes I am so busy that it becomes difficult to get out of the house to go shopping what with work, dance classes, and my obsession with Tumblr. Hence why I adore doing online shopping. Admittedly shopping online can be extremely dangerous but with websites like paypal you don't need to publish your credit or debit card information online.

LOTS of people are still cautious about eBay, and I don't blame them however when used wisely eBay is a wonderful site to gain great deals. I know taobao is wildly popular in the J-Fashion community but it can be difficult to navigate. After using both websites I honestly prefer eBay for smaller items and accessories. Used correctly the prices are the same and eBay is in English (and is also adaptable for lots of other languages). I know Hong Kong has a bad rap on eBay, more specially China in general. Yet China has some of the best deals out of everyone and  you often get the same quality of items that you would get from a US seller. I am all up for saving money so that is why I love eBay so much. Granted, it is more difficult to find Brands on this website it is still a great tool for the little things.

eBay has come a long way in the past few years to eliminate scams. You can read all about their feedback and the importance of feedback on their website here. Honestly, I have almost always received my items. On the rare occasion that an item has not arrived I have contacted the seller and ALWAYS received a refund. If you look for sellers with high star ratings and low negative feedback then you are in the safe zone to buy from the seller.

I bought a ton of item from one of my favorite sellers abuyone. They often have SUPER cute jewelry that is nice quality for very low prices. (Lower than their fellow sellers offering the same things.) I bought the items August 27th and they arrived September 12th which is pretty fast shipping for Hong Kong (and I just bought with regular free shipping).




First item were these earrings which are still available here for $1.18 USD. This was the most expensive item I bought (in ratio of cost per item). In truth one of the heart crystals is a little crooked but once my new hot glue gun comes in then I can fix that. I will probably wear them anyways because once they are on it's difficult to see that one is crooked when they are against my hair. I think these are so sweet! They are work appropriate (for me) and I could still wear them with Fairy Kei and Sweet Lolita. Considering places like Forever21, ForLove 21, and Claires often ask more for their earrings I think this was a PERFECT find.


The next item I bought is this blue daisy ring for $0.99 USD. It is still available here. The only thing I regret is not buying one in ALL of the colors. The ring is so sweet and it is adjustable so it fits comfortably on all of my fingers. (And I am a ring size 8. . .I know I know large fingers haha ~) This can easily be worn with Fairy Kei (even though it isn't your typical heart, star, or spaceship) and it could work with a lot of Sweet Loli coord. Yes you can bet I WILL be going back to buy the other four colors.



These earrings I bought for work since we have to stick to black, white, and grey. It was relisted from the seller here so you can still get the item too! I thought these were stylish polymer clay earrings so I picked them up. I know they aren't really Fairy Kei or Sweet Lolita (Gothic could probably get away with them ~) but I am including them in the post since they are pretty and a part of the jewelry haul. $0.99 USD.


This item also does not fit in with Sweet or Fairy Kei but I have earrings that match PERFECTLY with the ring. I had purchased matching earrings a while back for work and when I saw the ring I simply HAD to have it. I may wear them together if I am in a hurry to get ready for work but I will more than likely wear them at different times. I just loved the earrings so much I wanted to get the matching ring. For the price of  $0.99 USD it was more than worth it!! Available here.



I intended to buy this for work but I believe that with the right Sweet outfit it could work for Sweet and even for Classical. I ADORE pearls and I think bows are too cute so I picked these but which are still available for purchase here. $0.99 USD.


For $0.99 USD I thought these were a good find. They fit my PINKY FINGER but are still cute to wear for casual lolita or even for fairy. I would guess that these are about a size 6. I bought the bow and mushroom but if you look through their page they have lots of two ring sets in various designs. Found here.


Last item was TWO sets of six each costing $1.59 USD averaging at $0.26 USD per earring pair. These work SO WELL with Fairy Kei and a few of the colors could fit in really well with OTT Sweet Lolita. I bought them here in both the hearts and in the stars. I arrived them and was overjoyed because they are really glossy and look like gummy candies. If I didn't know any better I would think these are Japanese sweets! These are my favorites of the entire haul.




Random items I also received from various sellers in the past couple of days. A Dolphin Phone Charm for $0.99 USD in pink. I might buy more of these so I can get other colors since he is soooo cute~ Angel Wing Pearl Earrings again for the special price of $0.99 USD. These are so cute and can fit into a lot of styles. I wore these the day I got them and received so many compliments and people wanted to know where I got them. Mickey Mouse Cookie & Cake Brooches for a shocking price of $0.99 USD. They look much more expensive but are still super cute. From the same seller I got Strawberry Hair Ties and Strawberry Hair Clips both at $0.99 USD. One of the clips broke when I tried taking it off (the grip on the clip was so strong!!) but I can easily fix it once my new hot glue gun comes in.

I want to know if anyone else has found anything on eBay and what they have bought there!! No need to post pictures or long paragraphs if you don't want to. I adore hearing about other peoples finds!