Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fairy Finds # 2 EBAY (67.8% OFF - PEARL CAT EARS)

Firstly, I apologize for the lack of posts but I have had some personal things come up which exhausted me. HOWEVER ~ that is all done now so I can continue to devote my life to thrifty finds and helping you guys out. On to more important news:

(Supposed to be posted Thursday 27th 2012, but was held up due to my lack of picture taking until today. Any new comments will be posted in in bold his pink.)

GENTLE LADIES AND GENTLE MEN !! HONG KONG HAS BEEN HOLDING OUT ON ME!! Okay this actually isn't too dramatic. I just opened by teeny tiny mailbox to find a ton of packages crammed in there along with a few magazines and random election mail. (Mostly all about what measures people think I should and should not vote "yes" on.) So this will be a MASSIVE eBay haul post.

I know, I know, some of you have yet to warm up to eBay but you can still see the cute things I got. Maybe you know someplace else that sells them cheaper or perhaps you just like cute things.

I am just going to go down the list in the order of most recent purchase to least recent. So the further down the item the longer it took to arrive.



First things first: MY GLUE GUN ARRIVED. It's nothing fancy, I just wanted something that would fit the glue sticks I currently have. I use the glue gun for minor repairs to things because super glue makes more of a  mess for me. Unless I put on gloves I manage to get residue on my fingers and they stick together. > <;; SO ~ Hot Glue it is. The gun is available for purchase there from shopfuosv for $8.49 USD (once you include US shipping and handling). I kind of want to paint it pink and white but I am not sure what kind of paint I should use since it does get so hot. Anyone know?

So you might be able to tell that I have used it and I must say it works REALLY WELL. Seeing the price of some other glue guns online I became skeptical but I really love this gun. I would have spent less on it but I needed one to fit the gluesticks I already had. Haha. 



This is the expensive part of this haul however it was also inexpensive when you compare the prices to other companies. I adore buying little rement phone charms and key chains. Why? They are so easy to convert into necklaces. Plus I felt even better knowing lots of girls on esty sell these items (or ones similar too) for really high prices. Fan21_hk sells re-ments on eBay and it's my favorite re-ment seller because they offer fairly nice combine shipping details. Shipping for the package was $16 USD, which may see high to those of you who have never ordered a big box of re-ments online before but it was actually a pretty good deal. (You must send a message to this seller requesting combine shipping. You add the items to your cart and when you go to pay you check the box to request an invoice from the user. All of the items appear as "free shipping" in your purchase history and you pay the combine shipping amount when checking out - which eBay adds to your total automatically.) I'll like you guys to what items they still have up.




I bought a Scrump Ice Cream Pen, although you could never tell it's a pen since the cone aligns PERFECTLY. I adore Lilo at Stitch so for $1.99 USD I fell in love! I am always looking for Scrump items so this is a good find.


The Rilakkuma Pastel Blue Ice Cream Pen was more expensive at $3.99 USD. He is a more popular character and you are buying the San-X brand along with it since the company that makes the ice cream pens has to pay for the right to use him. I was tempted to buy him in strawberry too but at the time of purchase I chose not to...I forget why.




Next I got a set of three Hello Kitty Bunny Ice Cream Pens meaning I got the full collection ~~ I adore them and each is a little different. Sanrio is generally less expensive than San-X so at $8.00 USD for three I was spending about $2.66 USD on each.

Congratz you guys get to see my bandaid. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO READ MY OLD BLOG: I know, my nails are never so short. BUT ~ they got brittle because I got lazy so I am working on a post to show people how to grow out their nails super fast and super strong. This requires short nails so I cut all of mine down super short. I have a bad hangnail on my thumb so I found a random decorated bandaid to stick on it once I got out of the shower this morning.




Next I got this adorable Alice In Wonderland "EAT ME" Cookie Charm for $6.50 USD. This was definitely a splurge but to me it is simple math: re-met + Alice in Wonderland + Cookie + easy to convert into jewelry = one very happy fairy! In the collection there is also a Cheshire Cat Macaroon charm but I haven't been able to find it. My fingers are crossed ~~ The rest of the collection is cute but I wouldn't pay so much for it. The detail is actually pretty amazing. One of the edges looks like someone broke off a piece. Upon looking you see Alice with the broken crumb in her hand, lifting her other hand high into the air to measure how much taller she wants to become. Too cute !! Yet I can't say I was thrifty here.


If I keep going one of the last few was this Mrs. Bunny Disney Donut Charm for $1.99 USD. I love the whole collection but I decided that this one I would get the most use out of. I actually thought at first this was Lola from Looney Toons but then when I was reading the packaging I realized it was Miss Bunny, from Bambi. Haha ~ I adore Thumper so realizing this was Miss Bunny was not a problem for me.


The last item was a Hello Kitty Cake Charm for $1.50 USD. Now you might notice there are two items in the above picture. That was because one was a free gift sent by the user! How nice, right?! I actually fell in love with the gift more than I fell in love with the one I purchased. Funny how life works that way sometimes, right? Anyway the little spongey yellow cake was the item I ordered in case you didn't look at the eBay link yet. The item that resembles a Choco-Pie (those who go to Asian markets will know what I am talking about. It's two graham cracker-esque cookies covered in chocolate with marshmallow creme in between and they are amazing~~) was the gift. I love how her face is oozing out haha, it makes me laugh and smile looking at it. I simply adore items that make me smile so much. The piece is actually really high quality and two separate pieces rather than just a section painted white.

Last note about the seller. EVERYTHING is sent with it's original packaging. Yes they are carefully cut open just enough so that they can pull the items out since a lot of these come in a blind box.  Not only does the box arrive but anything else that the original company put inside such as the chart that shows you all of the possibilities to little pieces of square gum. (I already ate the two I received. One was green apple and the other was coconut. YUM!)



This item actually arrive three days ago but I wanted to re-glue the pearls on that were coming off. (Only two). This would look cute with a fairy kei outfit and depending on who you talk to this would be adorable on an OTT Sweet Lolita. I would cover the silver band with a big hairbow and just have the pearl ears sticking out. It was $6.44 USD and for an item that is trending in Japan it is totally worth it. It is available here. Normally it sells for around $20.00 USD so that is a savings of 67.8% off!! Told you I was good at finding things ;D (I must be a Huffelpuff. Pottermore sorted me into the wrong house then.)

Okay so the shape of them looks a little strange when they are not pictured on a head. I noticed this since I got them but was in such a rush taking pictures I didn't even think about it. Ahaha ~



Pastel Pom Pom Scrunchie  - $1.59 USD when shipping is included. What a find for fairy kei!! Use correctly it would be cute in OTT Sweet Lolita too. It is cute and the price is reasonably cheap. (IDK why my camera flips certain pictures on it's own.)



I love Sally's Beauty Supplies and a lot of local drugstores but sometimes the hair items can be expensive there! So I turned to eBay to buy some hairbands. $1.79 USD from here for 300 pieces. I bought them in black and in the pretty pastel.

They did arrive in the packaging as pictured but I had already used them by the time I took these pictures...which my camera somehow flipped these upside down haha ~~ Surprisingly these are super durable! I have really thick (and long!) hair so I can say that these are really nice and not super flimsy. I noticed that I accidently got two extra packages. I thought that each package might be 150pcs but counting I got 600 black and 600 pastel. I only ordered (and paid for) 300 of both colors. I am not sure if the extra two were a free gift or a mix up. So I am happy that I saved 50% in the long run haha.


This is such a cute crystal bowknot hair pin for $1.39 USD. It's cheaper than what it would be at Forever21 or Claires but still the same quality. I thought this would be fun for work but I could still see it used in OTT Sweet & Fairy Kei.

OH. MY. GOODNESS. I wore this in my hair yesterday (Saturday) to work. A mother and her adorable daughter come in and while the mother is trying on clothes the girl is very animatedly chatting to me. She kept complimenting me "I like your earrings, I like your bow ring (the crystal hearts and the black bow ring in my first Ebay Finds), I like your bow ~" and she said I looked like a princess TT u TT ~~ TEARS OF JOY ~~ Not sure how I looked like a princess while wearing a suit jacket but I still felt so happy hearing such words from a little girl. She was really kind and her mother (equally as nice) told me "She really likes you haha ~~" so that was definitely the highlight of my day. Do you guys have any little items that make you feel like a princess?


Do not let the eBay users photoshop fool you into thinking this is a huge crown, hence why it is photographed on my site with a coin. For $0.99 USD this is what you get. If you are into Hime Gyaru or the "Hime Lolita" style...which I don't think is recognized as an actual style yet...THEN THIS IS AN ITEM FOR YOU. Now you can wear a tiara without looking like a five year old !! People will finally start saying "That tiara is so cute ! ~~ " instead of "What children's birthday party did you come from?" Here is the dream item for $0.99 USD. Now I can subtly be a princess even when I am working.

NOT PICTURED (because my sister is wearing it today and isn't home). $2.05 USD when I add in the shipping for this bow which is totally reasonable. I could use it for work and I love bows. It's not a super nice brand and I wouldn't recommend it for Lolita. However if you are into Fairy Kei and are tired of all of the pastel hairbows Spank! has been putting out and want to go with something black to match some of the other items then it is totally acceptable.


NOT PICTURED: OPAQUE RAINBOW BEADS (because I have put them up in my closet with my other beads and I can't find the step stool ; ~ ; ). I won two bid items that I bid on because they were cheap and I knew I could make something out of them. These were won at $0.99 USD and their opaque twin was won at $1.04 USD. I can't guarentee the price but these are fairly unpopular on eBay and I see them come up often. I am thinking Rainbow Brite jewelry for these! Have any other suggestions for what I should do with these beads? Let me know!!


I SPENT 11 CENTS ON THIS. $0.11 USD. Yet it is so cute! I just magically won it in a bid and it is so cute!! (I cannot say "cute" enjoy to describe this item.) Not everything I buy is either pastel or black. Look at this bold red! (Or the bold rainbow beads above.) I think I may hang onto it for a while and place it on my desk with my other cute things but I might give this out as a gift. (Giveaway anyone?)


I have an affinity for coin purses, kind of like how I obsess over drawstring bags. I don't know why, I just do. Eeyore has always been one of my favorites. So $0.68 winning bid on this coin purse was perfect! I really do have bringing up bid items because it's online shopping that I can't guarantee a price from but I can't guarantee what I find in thrift stores will be found in yours nor can I guarantee most things bought from the EGL Livejournal either.


I bought the Red Heart earrings with a Pearl Crown for $0.85 USD. I would like to see someone beat that price with something from Forever21. (Although F21 gets a lot of business from me...)


These were $0.99 USD found here. I purchased these because I could always use earrings for work. I don't think these will excite you guys too much but for those curious cookies there they are.

So where do you guys find your cheapest fairy or lolita finds? What is your favorite find so far? What is your favorite find out of this haul? Do you have any little things you like to wear that make you feel like a princess? I want to paint my hot glue gun pink and white, do you guys know what kind of paint I can use?